Counselling is on-going to residents and helpful to families who have difficulty in coming to terms with mental illness and the effects that it has on the individual and also on their loved ones.
- Screening and assessment is done on referrals from hospitals, Doctors, Welfare Organisations and families for people requiring admission to our centre. The person wanting or requiring admission to our centre is then assessed by our multi-disciplinary team in order to determine suitability for our structure;
- Individual and family counselling is available and group sessions are also provided. Counselling is on-going to residents and helpful to families who have difficulty in coming to terms with the mental illness and the effects that it has on the individual and also on their families;
- Educational group work is also offered to residents who require skills for personal growth and for coping with the demands of independent living in a modern society;
- Psychological assessments are also done for residents who require more in-depth therapy by our Psychologist;
- Outings are arranged periodically so that residents are not isolated from society. They are encouraged to join a church, a sport club and other extra-mural or social groups.