Care Haven, as so many other organisations in the community, has been negatively affected by the present harsh economic climate. Despite the many challenges that we face on a daily basis, Care Haven delivers and will continue to deliver an invaluable service to the community of Port Elizabeth and surrounding areas.
In order to continue rendering effective services and to provide the maximum care for our residents whom we serve, we most certainly cannot do it without your support.
We are in need of the following:
- Nursing: Plasters, Panado’s, cough mixture, gastro & nausea medication, scissors to cut bandages, bandages, micropore, gauze, Gentian Violet, Fryers Balsam, cotton wool, cotton gauze swabs, etc.
- Arts & Crafts: Craft scissors, paper, cardboard, wood, woodworking (e.g. scroll saw, router) & carving tools, used purity bottles, stay craft antique finish, supa-wood, paintbrushes, beads, paints, thin wire, newspapers, old books and magazines, wallpaper glue, patterned serviettes, pencils, pens, kokies, empty 2l cooldrink bottles, material, wool, paint, glue, old cards, etc.
- Residents: Good second hand clothing, toiletries (e.g. soap, shampoo, razors, facecloths), volunteers for outings, etc.
- Administration: Good second hand computers, A4 paper, staplers, pens, mouse pads, etc.
- Kitchen: Foodstuffs (i.e. sugar, tea, milk powder, tinned foods, fresh or frozen vegetables, fruit, meat), pots, sharp knives, frying pans, kettles, toasters, urns, industrial sandwich makers, cutlery and crockery, etc.
- Housekeeping & Maintenance: good second hand furniture, paint, scrapers, sandpaper, polyfiller, old tiles, good second-hand towels, linen, curtains, indoor plants and pot plant holders, etc.
Care Haven strives to render the most effective services under the present difficult conditions and we will continue to do so for as long as we are needed and for as long as we are able. With your valuable contribution in whatever form possible we will continue to be effective and strive towards enabling those with a mental illness to be perceived in a more positive light, perceived as human beings, worthy citizens and potential contributors to the community rather that as objects of pity or second grade citizens.
We trust that the above-mentioned information will suffice and that it will positively influence you in providing us with regular much needed funding or donations, in order for us to be confident in achieving our goals.
Together we can achieve the impossible and progress from GOOD to GREAT!
Care Haven commits itself to work in partnership with the Department of Social Development, Pretoria, the Department of Health, Bisho, as well as all other stakeholders with a similar mission, being that of providing the residents with accommodation and care of their basic physical and emotional needs, in order to secure better and sustainable lives for themselves.
In conclusion, Care Haven has the infrastructure, personnel, passion and successful programmes to improve the lives of the people whom we serve.